Hello Everyone!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

GregM779

Thought that I would introduce myself, I'm new to this forum but some of you may know me from around the block. I have a 125 Gallon tank that has been setup just over a year, I have a very wide variety of corals and fish, here's some pics.

Full-Tank-110405[602].jpg

Angle-from-Right[603].jpg

Left-Side[604].jpg

Center[605].jpg

Right-Side[606].jpg

Side[612].jpg

Wow! Very impressive Greg! (and I don't hand that compliment out very often...:lol: ) Welcome to Reef Frontiers!

MikeS

MikeS said:
Wow! Very impressive Greg! (and I don't hand that compliment out very often...:lol: ) Welcome to Reef Frontiers!

MikeS

Thank You! Are links to RC allowed here? If so I have a large thread there that is an entertaining read.

sure....if you have an interesting thread to share....post away!

MikeS

welcome to reef comedy Greg !! :D
You definetly left me without words dood, that is just one of the to many amazing tanks i have ever seen.
Please don't be shy and start posting more pictures please !!! :)

Welcome to Reef Frontiers. I hope you find our site fun, exciting, and informative. I wouldn't call it Reef Comedy myself, I believe us more to be a great place to learn and enjoy the hobby and you will find our members a knowledgeable bunch.

Your tank is great. How long has it been set up?

Great Tank !

Hi Greg thanks for Joining Reef Frontiers. I really love the pictures and the way you have the corral layed out in the Tank. I have a fish question Being that i am a big Wrasse Fan how have you been able to keep The Harlequin Tusk Wrasse in your tank? Do you have and snails? or cleaner shrimp?
Again Greg a Very nice tank Thanks for posting...Jeff:)

The Apprentice said:
Hi Greg thanks for Joining Reef Frontiers. I really love the pictures and the way you have the corral layed out in the Tank. I have a fish question Being that i am a big Wrasse Fan how have you been able to keep The Harlequin Tusk Wrasse in your tank? Do you have and snails? or cleaner shrimp?
Again Greg a Very nice tank Thanks for posting...Jeff:)

I'm a huge wrasse fan myself but have had very bad luck lately with a lot dying from cyanide. I just lost my exquisite wrasse and Lineatus wrasse sue to the last hurricane.
The tusk has maybe killed 3 red legs since I put him in, I don't have any shrimp but he most likely would munch on those pretty quickly, then again so would the blue throat trigger.

Huge wrasse fan

Sorry to hear about the losses on the exquisite wrasse and Lineatus wrasse sue to the last hurricane. I have a 75 gallon tank with a Deep sand bed with it full of sps I also had about 6 clams in there last year but I lost them all :mad: been shy about getting any more. At the Time I was amazed at the Looks of the Leopard Wrasses, Kevin Po has as few in his store in Spokane and thats what got me going on them. They were quite a challenge to get started but after getting them settled in they are great can even train them to hand feed I don't know if i would try that on a Harlequin :eek:

GregM779 said:
I'm a huge wrasse fan myself but have had very bad luck lately with a lot dying from cyanide. I just lost my exquisite wrasse and Lineatus wrasse sue to the last hurricane.
The tusk has maybe killed 3 red legs since I put him in, I don't have any shrimp but he most likely would munch on those pretty quickly, then again so would the blue throat trigger.

Kensn said:
Wonderful Tank, looks much more mature than what it is.
Thanks, it's thanks to forum like this and joining my local reef club that have helped me get to where I am today, I've done everything myself so far, with help of course, and continue to learn new things day by day. I just hooked up the calcium reactor so I hoping for even quicker growth.

The Apprentice said:
Sorry to hear about the losses on the exquisite wrasse and Lineatus wrasse sue to the last hurricane. I have a 75 gallon tank with a Deep sand bed with it full of sps I also had about 6 clams in there last year but I lost them all :mad: been shy about getting any more. At the Time I was amazed at the Looks of the Leopard Wrasses, Kevin Po has as few in his store in Spokane and thats what got me going on them. They were quite a challenge to get started but after getting them settled in they are great can even train them to hand feed I don't know if i would try that on a Harlequin :eek:

A friend of mine has a pair of the leopards in her tank, gorgeous fish. The Tusk is actually really good, he does eat krill out of my hand and isn't really agressive to any of the fish other than new additions for the first day of course.

Detri said:
Very nice tank! Welcome to Reef Frontiers. Looking forward to seeing more shots of the tank in the future.

Well I'll add some more shots of different things to update everyone. As said above I just hooked up my calcium reactor, which is a Shuran JetStream 1. This reactor is awesome and is built incredibly well, it's rated up to 800 gallons so it should be able to handle the 125. I have the tank in the dining room so I don't have much room for equipment so I had to build a stand in between the tank stand and the wall. Here's some pics.

DSC02893[597].jpg

Here's the pH monitor for the reactor, the blue cord and CO2 tank are mounted on the top of the stand, these pics were taken before I mounted it.

DSC02894[599].jpg

DSC02897[601].jpg

Here it is with the CO2 tank mounted

DSC03077[628].jpg

DSC03071[626].jpg

Here's a Moorish Idol I added to the tank Wednesday, a LFS got him in last week so I was able to train him to eat in their tank and he is readily eating Spectrum Pellets in my tank. He's a little skiny but I can fix that.

DSC03128[640].jpg

DSC03124[638].jpg

DSC03122[637].jpg

Here's a couple of videos of him, the second is of him eating, the blue bowl is a ramikin with spectrum which all of the fish love.

http://media.putfile.com/MOV0313312

http://media.putfile.com/MOV0313593

Welcome to RF Greg! Your tank is really nice and looks really healthy. It almost looks bigger than a 125gal. Well, I think it looks really great. Gad you are here and glad you shared your pictures with us.

Back