hello forum..I'm new here 500 gallon reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

8mycash

Love the site. Here is a picture of my tank. Still in the beginning stages. 500 gallon cube. Always looking for input.
P4290412.jpg

P4290402.jpg

P6110028.jpg

P6070016.jpg

P6070020.jpg

Welcome to RF!

wow! that is awesome! What are the dimensions on that bad boy?

I'm in awe.....

Last edited:
Just get a few peppermint shrimp. Those will zap them in a hurry!

does that really work? I bought 10 peppermint shrimp for my old 55 gallon and they never touched a single aiptasia. Guess maybe if I starved them it would've worked.

Worked for my 75 and I had quite a community to come with some live rock.

Oh and Welcome to RF. I've found this site much more welcoming than some "others".

BJ

thanks for the compliments. Pics are a few months old. those damn things are gone now, I hate aptasia. Tank is 60x48x35inches. My back will never forgive me moving it in the house by myself. I currently run 4 400 watts halides and 2 250. Have 2 more 400's to go in soon.

thanks for the compliments. Pics are a few months old. those damn things are gone now, I hate aptasia. Tank is 60x48x35inches. My back will never forgive me moving it in the house by myself. I currently run 4 400 watts halides and 2 250. Have 2 more 400's to go in soon.

Wow! You moved it by yourself?

That is a great size... it gives me something to set my sights on.

Nice!

Very nice, I love the rounded corners. Derrick, I am confused where I met you. The tank looks Awesome. I hope you keep posting progress pictures, you said it was new. I wondered how new?

The tank is now 9 months old. Made by atlantic custom aquariums. I used to live in kennewick about 8 years ago. Is jay still the owner of aqua tropics??

The tank is now 9 months old. Made by atlantic custom aquariums. I used to live in kennewick about 8 years ago. Is jay still the owner of aqua tropics??

Answer to your question above is no. Jay moved out of the country. Mike Long purchased Aqua Tropics. Mike has experience with Saltwater. He is planning on moving his show tank to Aqua Tropics. Aqua Tropics is going to get a larger Area for Saltwater, That including Mikes 240 Starfire Show Tank as a display tank and my old IAP as a Frag tank. Things were moving good until a employee from one of the stores was killed in a car accident. The employees are all moved as well as the owners about the death. The owners have allowed a employee time off to make sure they are Ok. The owners running the store in place and with employees off does not allow time to remodel.
Derrick, did you use to own a black IROC Camaro?:confused:

Last edited:
Back