Hello from Brier

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Marvin75

Hello everyone,
I am new to saltwater but not to keeping fish. I have setup my first saltwater reef using a Biocube 29. The tank has been running for a couple of months and I have my first two soft corals and a small clown and a pretty good clean up crew. I have been learning as much as I can in the last couple of months and I am hooked. I cant wait to get more corals for the tank after letting everything rest for a week or two. Tank is setup with 20 pounds of live sand and about 30 to 40 pounds of live rock.​

Hey Marvin, welcome aboard Reef Frontiers lots of us members close by to your area. Looking forward to your adventure into Reefkeeping

Cheers, Todd

Welcome to RF. So saltwater has you hooked already, does it! You are doomed then. No not really. This is a very enjoyable and addicting hobby. If you can call it a hobby. All the animals and critters are our pets.
Glad to have you. Theres a lot of great people here. You will get to meet most of them some day, I'm sure.

I agree with Ipisces about the pet thing. So welcome aboard and dive in ,theres alot of great people on here that become freinds really quick.

Welcome to RF. Lots of reefers nearby to say the least. I look at Brier across the street every day. :lol:

Thank you everyone. I would have to one up you all and say there not just pets there family. The wife even gets bumbed out when we loose a fish to old age and we haven't lost one to anything else in a very long time. I am looking forward to the development of my new reef addiction and have already invested more into setting up my little biocube 29 than i have in my 75g freshwater tank. It only been up and running for a total of maybe 2 1/2 months but i am already trying to figure out where to put a larger reef tank.

Welcome. Haha I know how that goes 3 months into my Biocube14 and I am starting a 40 gallon. seems like lots of us near or in Brier good old Brier.

How do you like the Biocube29? I am running a 20 gal long however I like the look of the Biocube29 a little bit more.

Hi milton859

I love it. It is a little cramped in the back section but there is a lot of third party hardware that can make the most of the limited space. My only complaint is that it's just not big enough any more. There is so much cool stuff I keep finding while doing research for new corals and fish.

Back