Hello from Crystal Mountain!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Stkef9

So after talking with many local reefers they have all pointed me in the direction of this forum and after some browsing I decided its time to get to posting. So just a little about me, Ive been into fish keeping for about 15 years. Ive always done planted freshwater up until about 8 months ago. I took the dive and Ive been hooked since. I currently live and work up at Crystal mountain ski resort as a diesel mechanic which makes the drive to get anything fun not to mention Ive only had the pleasure of meeting a few "local" reefers. Pretty much everything is at least an hour and a half away but thankfully with the help of 5 gallon buckets and styrofoam inserts im able to make this hobby work. I currently have 5 tanks setup, a fluval spec v with FW puffers soon to be a zoa softy tank, my original 27gal marineland cube DT, a 27gal bowfront, and my new pride and joy a 75gal Reef Ready with 29 gal sump. The 75 is cycling still and once that is done I will break down the 2 27gals and be getting rid of them as its too much work as it is.

Looking forward to getting to meet many more of you on here and hopefully make it out to some PSAS meetings before long and meet some people in person.

Cheers, Kevin

It's definitely a cool place to be!! winters are a little long and man does it get cold. But growing up in the city I really enjoy the peace and quiet up here. Definitely tough trying to sort out frag swapping and finding nice stuff being up "in the sticks".

Back