Hello from Mill Creek

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wndsrfn

I have been out of the hobby for about 10 years and have recently started my tank back up 10 months ago. Before I had a fish only tank and decided to start a reef tank this time. So far so good, accept for a bubble algae problem! Lots of great info on this site, looking forward to exploring!

Welcome Windsrfn, just started 2 years ago, just now upgrading from 75 to 180, with so many things to learn still, I have found some pretty helpfull friends in this site, a lot of knowledgeable people allways willing to share and help, welcome

Thank you seedlessinseattle! Yeah, lots a good info. here and it's great that people are so willing to help and share. It's much appreciated!

wndsrfn, Welcome to RF !!! What size tank do you have? and is it a pure reef or a mixture (fish and corals) ?? BTW, we love pics, so if you have time, post some pics of the tank.. :)

Thanks for the welcomes! I have 55 gal with a 10 gal sump. It's a mixture of corals & fish. Not a lot of corals just yet, looking to add more! I will take some pics soon & post.

​Annnnd another BIG :welcome: aboard Reef Frontiers..... neighbor..... well almost as there are a handful of members here in Mill Creek/SE Everett. Looking forward to seeing how your reintroduction to the hobby has gone.

Cheers, Todd

Welcome to the Greatest Saltwater Site on the board.
Members here will bend over backwards to help anyone in need.
But there is a cost...... Pics!!!!!

Can you offer up some more info about your system?
Lights, filtration, water param, feeding habits?
# of fish???????????????

Thanksfor the welcome Mill Creek neighbor and eveyone else! Everyone hasbeen so nice on this site. It's much appreciated!!! J

Here’ssome info. on my tank. I’ll post somepics hopefully soon! We generally feed twice a day mostly frozen food.

TankSet up: Sea Clear 55 gallon tank, Trigger System Crystal 30 sump, Reef OctopusDiablo 160, Tunze Auto Top Off, BRS Reactor w/GFO & Carbon, and 2-Ecotech Radion Gen. 1's.

LiveStock:
YellowTang, Flame Angel, Blue Damsel, Yellow Tale Damsel, Pair of OcellarisClownfish, Cleaner Wrasse, Midas Blenny, Orange Spotted Goby, & FireShrimp.

SoftCorals:
SilverXenia, Colt Coral, Yellow Toadstool Leather, White Kenya Tree, Yellow Polyps,Eagle Eye Zoanthids, Green Star Polyps, Blood Red Discosoma Mushroom, GreenRicordea Mushroom, & Purple Mushroom.

Thanks! Erik

Thanksfor the welcome Mill Creek neighbor and eveyone else! Everyone hasbeen so nice on this site. It's much appreciated!!! J

Here’ssome info. on my tank. I’ll post somepics hopefully soon! We generally feed twice a day mostly frozen food.

TankSet up: Sea Clear 55 gallon tank, Trigger System Crystal 30 sump, Reef OctopusDiablo 160, Tunze Auto Top Off, BRS Reactor w/GFO & Carbon, and 2-Ecotech Radion Gen. 1's.

LiveStock:
YellowTang, Flame Angel, Blue Damsel, Yellow Tale Damsel, Pair of OcellarisClownfish, Cleaner Wrasse, Midas Blenny, Orange Spotted Goby, & FireShrimp.

SoftCorals:
SilverXenia, Colt Coral, Yellow Toadstool Leather, White Kenya Tree, Yellow Polyps,Eagle Eye Zoanthids, Green Star Polyps, Blood Red Discosoma Mushroom, GreenRicordea Mushroom, & Purple Mushroom.

Thanks! Erik

Sounds like you have a great system.
You know, a picture is worth a thousand words.......... LOL

Welcome! Not sure how your bubble algae problem is going I had a small outbreak of this myself added a few emerald crabs to the tank and they desimated the algae and have not seen any in months. Downside to the crabs is they can be a bit of a bulldozer Had to move the biggest one to the fuge and left the 2 small ones in the display.

welcome to reef frontiers. what i did for my problem with bubble algae is. i bought a male and female naso tangs. they love to eat the bubble algae. they wiped out my 360 gallon tank fast. no more bubble algae. i did buy a rabbit fish years ago to do the same thing. but he turned on me one day and started to eat all my acans. guess what. no more rabbit fish for me. lol

Thanks for checking Fishguy! I bought some emerald crabs and they took care or most of the problem accept for some big ones left. They seem like to like the big ones. I guess I'll need to remove those manually. :-(

Reefman, I thought about getting a rabbit fish, but maybe not now! If I got a naso, would I need to get both a male & female or would one work to take take of bubble algae?

Thanks!

Back