Hello from Missoula

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MO360

Figured I better say hello sometime, I have been a member of this form for a while just reading threads. Its always nice to get a different prospective on things. I am currently pushing about 1000+ gallons of water through out my system, which consist of 7 tanks. I have been into aquariums for many, many years. I started out in fresh water and about 5 years ago I went salt. I still have a fresh water set up in my back yard called a pond. I have several large goldfish and a couple of channel catfish that I transported from Oklahoma in my car. What a trip.
Back to the saltwater, my large tank contains all of my hard corals with some zoanthids. I have a tank with leathers & softies, a tank with just caulerpa for the bugs to breed in. Amazing the different style of bugs you come up with. Over the years I have gone from thriving reef to the big crash. Mind you not all was lost. When my system decided to go south I only lost my SPS, the LPS loved what was happening. The zoa's not so much but they weathered the storm. I also lost a few fish at that time, all from my creep tank, all very large.
cry.gif

So on to the new project, I am looking for anybody that is running a nonphotosynthetic tank. I have 1 tank that I have been running in the dark and was thinking of going in that direction with it. I am running 2 LED's on it right now.

Hi MO360. Welcome to RF. Better late than never, right!
Interested in your new project. I have a few sun corals, but other than that, I have not tried a nonphotosynthetic tank. Would like to follow along on your project though. Looking forward to more info and pics.
Would love to see the other tanks you have too. I too have numerous saltwater tanks, and a couple freshwater too.

Welcome to RF!! Glad you decided to post!! :). Your tanks sound very interesting!! Really looking forward to seeing some pics! :peace:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love that tank in the second pic. I would love to have one with a center overflow like that. In the last pic, under the pink leather in the middle, I see something down there with eyes. What is it?

I love that tank in the second pic. I would love to have one with a center overflow like that. In the last pic, under the pink leather in the middle, I see something down there with eyes. What is it? It looks like it has curly Q mustache too.

Well I just saw this setup for the first time today, all I can saw is.....WOW. Pictures definitely do not do these tanks justice. Glad to have you on the forums Jim.

Back