Hello. I am new to most corals but not to saltwater.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

seahorselvr

Hello,

My name is Kim and have had saltwater tanks for the past 20 years. Most have been FOWLR. But have had tanks with the occasional easy coral, mushroom, etc. featherduster and invert added.

I have raised Erectus seahorses and am looking to get back into breeding but, also want to start learning about some more of the compatable corals.

I look forward to learning all I can.

Well first...welcome to Reef Frontiers. Glad to have you here. I look forward to one day meeting you. I am sure we will run into each other one day at Red C or elsewhere.

Do you have a tank set up now? Tell us about it. We all love hearing about others systems and seeing pics when you are able to post them.

Puget sound aquarium society is doing a tank tour this coming saturday. you should get in on it and go check out a bunch of others tanks and meet some great helpful people. You can find info on it in their club forum or at their website. Just click on the PSAS picture below.

And you are welcome to come over my way and check things out too.

Thank you,

I have a 29 gallon, 10 gallon and 5 gallon setting up now. I also have a 40 tall and 50 to grow into. I kept everything from when I broke it all down 3 years ago to take a break. Some day I will have room for one or two big tanks.

The 29 has just finished is cycle today so I will be starting to stock it in the next couple of weeks. It has some hitch hiker corals. A group of unidentified blue polyps, some palys? Not sure on those as I ID'd them myself. And various live rock critters.

The 5 gallon has some live rock, mushrooms, featherdusters, one snail, one hermet and mini brittle starfish. It will be used for a QT tank as I bring in new corals and macro.

The 10 gallon is starting it's cycle now. It is setup for raising seahorse fry.

Unfortunatly, I can not add a picture I have resized it down to a tiny pic and it says I am over my limit by 50kb. Maybe they will increase it once I am a member a little longer. Looks like 15kb is my limit.

Attachments

• post-7626-1381069189_thumb.jpg
    post-7626-1381069189_thumb.jpg
    5.7 KB
Last edited:
We all use a media sharing site like photobucket. Just copy the image code and paiste it in your post.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

If you happen to want some pom pom xenia just let me know and I'll give you a free piece of it. Stuff grows pretty good and it's starting to spread into unwanted places.

Thank you,
IPisces, thanks for the tip.
mrturritos, I may take you up on that after this week. The cycle has completed but, I plan on really pushing it this week to get the bioload up further. Seahorses are messy eaters.

Yeah got my CUC and some macroalgae today. Even came with a really cool squirt. Getting closer to adding corals on purpose. So far the hitch hikers have survived the cycle.

Back