Hello. I'm Jordan.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

harderracing88

Thought I would say hi. I'm new to the wonderful world of reef keeping. This is my first saltwater tank. It's an 110g with a 30g sump. I'm trying to take it slow but it's so darn hard. I just want to keep adding. I'm at a stopping point for a little while so some things can grow. I also don't want to get bored cause I can't add anything new. So far the wife and are loving the new addition to the family.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB
Very cool Jordan! I love the sunken ship.

This will be very fun for you. Just take it slow. Keep up on the water changes. Read read read. Check out all the threads in http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/72-Reef-Chemistry-Discussion-with-Boomer
they really helped me learn about what goes on with the chemistry of a saltwater tank.
There are a lot of great threads here.
Ask any questions you may have. there are a lot of great members willing to help. Just remember there are a lot of different opinions. there are many ways of doing things. so when you get different answers, take out of them what you think will work for you and try it.
Welcome to Reef Frontiers. Hope your experience here is a great one. We are glad to have you.
Start a thread in the Members Showcase forum so we can all keep up with your progress and enjoy your tank too.

Welcome and boy oh boy are you in for a treat... Reef keeping is super addictive, pricey, yet oh so worth it!!!

Here is a pic with my new led setup. I have been having a hard time keeping the temp under control. I might be selling my coralife halide setup in the near future.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB
Welcome! there will never be a dull moment in this hobby. Lots to learn and the enjoyment is never ending. Have fun!

Welcome Jordan :welcome:

This is a fun forum with good knowledgeable reefers :D. Yes taking is slow is SO difficult in this hobby but it is crucial. Nothing good in a reef tank happens quickly. Be sure to ask any questions you will come up with and research everything lol

Oh and don't be too worried about getting board with no new additions. Even after you stop adding fish there are always more corals to buy and trade, not to mention the endless world of invertebrates :D

Back