Hello RF

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Fishfry

Hello everyone. My name is Ed and I live in Washington. I have had aquariums pretty much most of the last 20 years. Started off with freshwater. I did dabble with a fish only salt water aquarium once while living in San Diego but gave it up once I moved. Started back up about 6 years ago with a 75. I now have a 90 show and I must say I thought it was easier when I first started. I have been having problems but most of them are due to me having to leave for extended periods of time and not being around to take care of it. My wife does her best. I look forward to learning a lot here and chatting with you.

Welcome to RF. You have a lot of good people right around you there on Whidbey Island. This place will be the best place you will find for friendly informative helpful people. Enjoy and it please... PUT UP PICS PICS PICS!!!

Welcome to RF Ed!! :welcome: You will enjoy it here I'm sure!! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your tank whenever you decide to throw them up!! :)

Thanks I will post pics once I get this algae bloom fixed. My live rock is a bit hairy right now so the plan is to us a tooth brush and some elbow greese to remove it.

NWDiver was the one who told me about the site. I forgot to give him a shout out. Sorry :(

Last edited:
I know the feeling of having to leave your hard work behind for months at a time. So we have started this network thing up here in the great whidbey island. There happens to be a good group of reefers up here, with a lot of knowledge. So with this networking it is possible to have one tank sit for you while you are gone. But you have to sign up and drink the kool aid. I mean be available for possibly repaying the favor.

welcome i thought i welcomed you already but then i realized this is different thread....i was thinking to myself where did my post go?

Welcome again Ed!

Yes, there is a GREAT group of us on "The Rock"

You should post pics of your algae filled tank and back it up with a clean tank :) One of the sponsors has "Dirty Tank" contests for free clean up crews ;)

No shouts needed Ed, I'm just glad you found your way here :)
Bunch of good guys out your way, I'm sure they will make your reef keeping life easier.
((Floyd can't hear if you use parens) Watch that Floyd guy, DON'T drink anything he offers)

-Todd

I have this strange feeling that someone is talking about me. Hey Ed it was really nice catching up with you and your wife. Maybe we can plan a family trip to Barrier Reef. My five and your twins I am sure that we will loose a couple of them on the way down there.I mean it should be lots of fun. I am trying to find more things to get the family included into this. I figure if we get together and throw a pot luck during the summer or something of that nature. And because I have such a large family, you guys might want to bring extra. And please do not bother the smallest one, while eating. I can't promise she will not go feral, and gnaw an arm off.

Hey Ed, how is all the new coral doing from the PSAS Frag Workshop ??? You'll need to scrape algae (optional) take & post some pics maybe with your phone then you can enter the phone pic contest as well.

Cheers, Todd

New frags seem to be doing ok. I am a little concerned about the Leather and the Bird's nest but other than that they look good. Floyd it was nice meeting you and your crew as well. If I would have known I would have taken our daughters with. We look forward ot getting together sometime as well.

Back