Hello to all fellow reefers.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Glen

Been out of the reef scene for a minute got tired of saving money so decided to start another tank just moved up here to oak harbor, washington just looking to get to know other people in my area thanx.

Hi Glen! place is swarming with coasters lol, so it only took a minute for the withdrawl symptoms to start? thats bad! what are you thinking of starting?? Welcome to RF!

I started a 72 gal bowfront the setup right now is about 80 pounds of live sand about 90 pounds of dry rock, 325 watt t-5 vho light, 10 gal sump with some live rock and cheto, and a natilus skimmer so far system has been running for about 2 months im not running out to buy fish at the moment i've had plenty of experience with trial and error and in the short period of time i'm already seeing tons of coraline alge growth on my dry rock what about you.

I started a 72 gal bowfront the setup right now is about 80 pounds of live sand about 90 pounds of dry rock, 325 watt t-5 vho light, 10 gal sump with some live rock and cheto, and a natilus skimmer so far system has been running for about 2 months im not running out to buy fish at the moment i've had plenty of experience with trial and error and in the short period of time i'm already seeing tons of coraline alge growth on my dry rock what about you.

Sounds good! have you cycled the tank and its just on cruise control?whats feeding the skimmer and cheato?

I had it on cruise control for a while then of course the hair alge bloom came next but it's starting to die off i just added the bulk of my clean up crew the other day so i should be expecting anothe mini cycle here soon and the of course there are tons of pods in the tank already to.

Hi Glen and welcome. I live in Bothell and just got into the hobby in March. My tank is only half the size of yours, 36g. This is a great sight, lots of friendly and helpful people. It's great for a newbie like me. I don't do anything now until I come here and ask opinions, then I try and do what's right. I wish I would have known about this forum before I started.

Welcome to RF!!! :welcome:. If you need some help spending that money send some this way :p

Hope you enjoy it here! :)

I had it on cruise control for a while then of course the hair alge bloom came next but it's starting to die off i just added the bulk of my clean up crew the other day so i should be expecting anothe mini cycle here soon and the of course there are tons of pods in the tank already to.

HA going off on its own? HA is great at cleaning up rock, are you feeding the tank anything?

Well as far as feeding the tank i have some zoos and a flower pot so what ever is left over goes to the tank, and thanks for all the welcome's from everyone and if you know anyone in my general area looking for a co2 tank and regulator i will let it go for some nice zoo frags.

Back