Hello!....What have I gotten myself into?!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Metrobase

Yes, I knew about the hard work and gobs of money required to be a marine aquarists prior to purchasing my first setup over two months ago. What I didn't anticipate was the fun and the unexpected obsession that followed. I get enough of this! I'm at the LFS at least once weekly, if not to buy, then to just look! I read a marine fish magazine on a recent plane trip! What? Me? I'm a relatively cool guy....how did this happen to me?

Really hope the excitement doesn't wear off. Very much enjoying my new hobby. Look forward to participating....

Metrobase

haha just don't add up how much you end up spending haha, holy crap do you have your tank up and running yet?

Oh yeah, I have it set up. I tried to talk my eight year old of out of for six months. He persisted. I relented. He earned if for no other reason than his tenacity. He and I split the duties of the daily maintenance of our FOWLR nano tank (I never thought I'd be talking aquarium jargon). My son now wants to become a marine biologist (yeah, ok, but I'm enjoying it for now) and I have a new hobby.

Welcome! I heard about the time and money that went into this hobby but I didn't appreciate just HOW much until we got into it. After 5 hours of cleaning tanks and transfering fish last night, you'd think we'd want a break. But nope.. visited three different LFS's today. Hooked and still having fun. Hope your fun continues! Share photos with us when you have them.

Welcome to the "Hobby". Maybe I should say "obsession". This is a great source and the subscribers are ever so helpful. Just keep in mind that an aquarium has a hole in the top so you can throw money into it! Have fun!

From the sound of it....your hooked! (Song) Another One Bites The Dust...lalalala BOOM!! Welcome to the wonderful world that is Reef Keeping and Reef Frontiers :)

Welcome to our sickness and just have fun. Over the years I have found that any hobby is costly, but you can't take it with you and it is great that you have your 8 year old so interested. Problem will be, 8 year old's change their passion for things easily and you just sink deeper and deeper into the abyss of this obsession. So, with that being said, welcome aboard and enjoy the ride. I do.

Back