Hello

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

TigerEyes

I was wondering if you could help me with this "parasimplastrea sheppardi "
i have this coral and can not find any really good info on it.. I was wondering if you knew a good resource for its living conditions.
Thanks in advance

not really looks kinda like a Stony zoa :p there was a coral that looks like it but danged if i can remember where i saw it or the name

I did a search on it on google. The info I got compared it to a favia, but that doesnt mean a dang thing. LOL
Sorry I cant be more help.

dabears26 said:
Check with anthony calfo in general discussions he will probably know....

(Nikki whispers to dabears26.....pssst.....the thread is in Anthony's forum) :D

I just checked in Veron's book, and Parasimplastrea sheppardi is in the Faviidae family. Hopefully, Anthony can post some care info on it. Here is a link to the same thing as Veron's book Parasimplastrea sheppardi

Yikes....I left this out of my post: Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!!

Im going to guess that there isnt too many people that have this coral eh? :-( Well if anyone ever gets some info on it pass it along if ya remember.
thanks..

I have never heard of it or at best, do not recall reading about it. :D

Thanks for the link Nikki

Based on the specific and very limited distribution of this coral, I do not see it entering any aquarium trade save for the rarest exceptions (non-US at that)

Ill try to get a good pic of it and send it to you. I have a frag about 2x3.5" of it. Now it is possible i was giving the wrong name of it.. However they were pretty adiment on it and even showed me the coral in a book. hopefully im not in the wrong on having this thing.

I posted a pic. It isnt that great but its best i can do with the file size limits. If ya need a better pic let me know ill try to get ya something.

Thanks

coral_003_edited.jpg

TigerEyes - I added your photo into your post to make it easier to see, instead of going to the gallery. Hope you don't mind...

Back