Hello

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

steve17

Hello everyone. Just starting out in keeping a saltwater tank. It actually started last summer but I put water in the tank just a few days ago! Talk about a milestone! Seems like forever, all the research and planning, but it's all gonna be worth it! Gotta thank a good friend of mine who has been helping guide me through this, and the folks at OBD. Them's good people!

I've been sort of lurking in the background here on RF since last summer, reading all the advice that people have posted on here. I'll try to get some pictures taken and posted here in the next couple days.

The long and short though, it's a 90 gal acrylic display. 30 gal sump and a 10 gal external refugium. The display is in the living room in a cabinet that I built for it (part of the reason it's taken so long to get water in it) and the sump and mechanicals are all in the garage below.
I'm sure most of you know, this is an exciting time!! Finally got water in the tank, and before too long I'll finally have some fish in there! See ya around!

Steve

Hello back! An exciting time indeed. Good luck. Remember to be patient. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I wish I had known about RF when I started 18 years ago-so many mistakes! Have fun.

Welcome to your first post! Id say welcome to the site, but youve been here...lol...welcome to the site! Looking forward to some pictures when you can. Dont rush it, and most importantly, have fun!

As everyone else will say, take it slow and make sure you keep good quality water; most important part. Get the appropriate test kits and just continually test! If you document it, you should be able to watch the tank cycle as well!

Well, welcome to RF. Glad you decided to come out of the background. And that you finally have water in your tank. Look forward to seeing it when you can post pics.

You should go to the Bob Moore Frag Swap, if not for anything but meeting people and learning a little more about the hobby.
If you're interested, you can find info on it in the Puget Sound Aquarium Society Club forum here on RF.

Thanks all, Yup I'm planning on going to the Frag Swap. Like you said IPisces, if nothing else to meet some more local reefers!

Ohh, and I've got some pics ready to go. I'll see what I can do about posting them, maybe in the 'showcase' section...

Sounds like a sweet setup being plumbed into the garage.
Sounds challenging too.
Super clean setup I'm guessing tho. Can't wait to see it, and maybe well see ya at the Bob Moore

Let us know if we can help at all

Steven

Back