HELP for PSAS... My clown fish is eating my frog coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jose

I have a frog coral for two weeks. I didn’t have any problem with this coral until today. My False Percula Clown fish is eating my frog coral … I don’t know what happen???
Any advice …. I don’t know what to do?????
Thanks
Jose

if you sent your frogspawn to me that would solve the problem!? LOL seriously, my false falcula butterfly did the same thing and i took it to a friends reef to see if it would recover without the ff bothering it. i havent heard of clowns eating them, but it is normal for the butterflies. maybe someone else has better info. possible something else in the coral is attracting the clown and the coral is just in the way?

umm i've heard of them sometimes ripping out a polyp or two, this hurts them more when frogspawn is smaller, the frog is supposed to be 3x the length of the clown, i read that somewhere i think, also your false clown looks more like a true perc imo from your photogallery

Hi

QUOTE=MarineTeng]umm i've heard of them sometimes ripping out a polyp or two, this hurts them more when frogspawn is smaller, the frog is supposed to be 3x the length of the clown, i read that somewhere i think, also your false clown looks more like a true perc imo from your photogallery[/QUOTE]
Yes, probably is a true percula... I am not an expert....
Do you think my clown fish will kill my frogspawn
Thanks
Jose

Seems like I'm way late in posting this.

No clownfish will ever eat Euphyllids. I better add IMO.

Best,
Ilham

Back