HELP HELP Something on my Clown fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

JIvePhotography

Green Bubble
:(I just got done feeding my 2 black clown fish and on his left fin there seems to be some light grey thing on it. It looks like a grain of rice. I scooped him with my net to see if it would come off but it seems to be on there pretty good. I wan't trying too hard because I didn't want to hurt him.

Anyone have an idea of what it could be and how to get it off?

I tried to get a picture but itsnot in focus cause he kept moving.

fish.jpg

Ok well I cupped my fish in my hand so he was laying on his right side so I could get to his left fin. I got my fingernail under it and slid it off. It felt like a little suction cup when you try to get it off a window, you have to slide it a little and then it comes on on an edge. Well I kept the little f'er and put him in a cup. He's not dead yet but I wanted to know if anyone knows what the hell it is, where it comes from and how, if any, can i kill them in my tank?

The guy is hella quick too, darting around in the cup. and like I though, he looks like a translucent rice grain, with a scales on his back like a potato bug or pill bug. He had 2 black eyes up front and what looks like blood in him cause I think hes a parasite. He also has some swimmer legs under him like a cleaner shrimp and has a flaired tail of some kind. Here's a pic.

parasite.jpg

Using my best Crocodile Dundee imitated voice.....

"That's not an isopod.....this is an isopod":D

This is a kind of isopod that lives on whales. You couldn't pay me to hold one.

a60_GiantIsopod2.jpg

Using my best Crocodile Dundee imitated voice.....

"That's not an isopod.....this is an isopod":D

This is a kind of isopod that lives on whales. You couldn't pay me to hold one.

a60_GiantIsopod2.jpg

Looks like inspiration for a new, underwater Alien movie! Does Sigourney Weaver do swimsuits ...

*merged two threads into one to avoid duplicate posts :)

looks like thos things that bury them selfs on in the sand after the water sucks back in to the ocean. on the Nc beach's

Back