Help narrowing tank selection

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefWidowed

So, it's looks like I may have narrowed the field down to 3 tanks to pick from....I really like the Top Fin (Perfecto) 46 gal column for it's height. 30" is nice, but does have its drawbacks. I also ran into a super good deal for an Oceanic 37 Gallon sorta-cube only 22" tall but at $90 can I let it sit on a shelf or become home to chiclids(creepy little fish) . I also saw a pretty good deal on Oceanic's 32gal Bio-cube....drawback there is I've heard it's pretty much a pain in the "you know" to make any customizations to the tank...the plus is that it has everything and is very clean looking. I'm still not ruling out a custom acrylic tank, but since I will porbably be moving in the next few years, I'd like to wait on that one I think, maybe make tanks built into the walls of the new house or something. If nothing else I might pick up the Oceanic and use it for a future project.

I only plan on having 2 horses some greenery and temprature appropriate coral, but would like to do it right the 1st time....I hate buying things twice.

THANKS!!!

They tend to run a little hot, and by design may be a pain to plumb a chiller into, but if someone out there is having luck keeping one around 70degrees, I'd love to hear about it, because the tanks themselves are very nice looking.

I have seen several AquaPods set up with horses and come to think of it, not one of them had a chiller on it. That is a bit strange. In fact my LFS had horses spawning in one.

Back