Help! Need heater for winter!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sandlot13

Med Student Reefer
Alright, I hate to do this, cause its not me, but I really want to be able to protect my reef system.

Im in need of a couple of heaters for my tanks this winter. The reason being, me and my roommates live in a house together, but to cut down on power bills we are not turning off our heat. We are all poor and in college, so we are trying to spend as little as possible. I am not worried about me, but my tanks are suffering because of it. My 20L has a 50W heater in it, which was suffcient for the summer and in a heated house, but now its not able to keep up with the temp swings. And my 2.5 gallon nano doesnt have any heater in it at all! :(

So pretty much Im asking if anyone has any extra heaters lying around that they could spare (at least for the winter, until I can earn some extra money this summer when Im not attending classes to buy my own). I would promise not to misuse them, and could even guarentee a return. Would even be willing to try and frag a coral or two to help pay back for your generocity.

I really feel bad begging like this, but I dont have much else of a choice. Thanks :oops:

PM me your address and I will mail you out some heaters tomorrow.

Best Regards, Jack

Wow, you cant even imagine how much I appreciate this! PM'ed you Jack........

I just want to say that its people like Jack (VHO Guy), Todd (DisturbedReefer), Kate (Electrokate), and Jay (Jaybo) who make this hobby one of the greatest in the world. They have all shared numerous thing with me during my time reefing, and wont even give a second glace when they give something away. Thank you guys for being the generous people you are! It is people like you that I hope to emulate in the future.

Back