Help! New Dad 100 Sea Horses

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My last sourvivor from the first batch died monday. :(

Vicky's bunch from my batch has faired much better.... sounds like she has had almost 10% survive or so!

Male had another batch today. I have more confidence this time (and more supplies)... the green water is up and going.. the rots are multipling... the "set up" is working. ...little horses floating in the circular current.

The bb sea horses look good 14 hours later.

-wingnut

Update

First of all I'd like to thank Wink publicly... she has been a source or inspiration, brine shrimp to get me going, rotifer starts, green water starts... and has helped with so many questions.... almost a hundred PM's! She has given so much. Thanks Vicky.

:rolleyes: Here is the update.

There has been 5 or so batches... each batch has lived a little longer as I have learned.

Each batch (except the last) was split between (up to) 4 different people at different times.

Lost one batch entirely because I was gone for 6 days... ...and missed their birth. :cry:

Vicky still has some of the original batch!!!

Now I have about 10% of a batch from about 3 weeks ago... they are eating and growing. :D Very exciting... I was just getting a little down and discouraged... and bam... survivors.

So thanks to all for your help... to this site for getting us all together ...and Vicky.

Gee... <blush> Thank you, Travis.

I've enjoyed helping you and Joann learn to raise fry. I kinda have a mission to share info and help with folks like you. In the spirit of Reef Frontiers: we're all here to help each other. Besides, it was a good trade for me too... I got my share of the fry - and I learn from you too.

You're Welcome AND Thank You.

Back