Help on placement of live rock

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dustin1

I have a 75 gallon fish tank with about 100 pounds of live rock. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to place the live rock or srnd some pictures of your live rock as ideas

i have mine in away that keeps it away from the glass, so I can clean the glass and keep detriest cleaned up. I also have mine in two piles with alot of cracks and caves.

here's some

If you plan on fuseing them together[plastic coat hangers,pvc,etc]do it in 3's.This will make them easy to remove if needed and will alow you to create lots of spaces between the more difficult smaller one's

Hi,

The placing of lr is a personal choice I would go for originality and cave structures but as was mentioned keep it away from the glass so cleaning is easier and more importantly in my opinion ensure water can flow round almost all of it.
Think of the rock security as rock falls are fine in mother natures orbs but potentially a nightmare in the fish tank, when rock falls against glass and scratches it it creates weakness in that area and if it falls hard enough a phone call to the insurance company will soon follow.

Seasons greetings

Ricki

Back