Help on the new RO/DI unit

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

extremecoral

So ok I replaced my old RO/DI unit by a new spectra pure one. My question is why is the pressure is low around thirty something....and also my DI cartridge is not filling water inside, all I see is a half full max....I put it very high above the ground about 6-7ft. My old one was in the exact location I put the new one one is always 40psi and above. :Cry:

hmmmmm, sounds like something might not be hooked up right, or something is missing. Have you contacted spectra pure. I'm sure they would help you figure it out.

flush valve (reversing valve) isnt closed all the way. would be wher id start

I do not have the flush valve my old has one though. water coming out from the membrane straight to waste. I assuming there is not enough pressure inside the chambers...

can you post pics of the set up? We could possibly see if something is missing.
When I replaced all the filters on mine, it took a few days for the DI canister to fill completely. When it was running it was full, but when it shut down, air would back up into it and it would only be 1/4 full. Every time it ran, it would fill a little more. IDK, someone might pick up on something if you can post pics.

I had the same problem when I purchased my first RO/DI with all of the water going out the wast line out of the membrane and low water pressure. If I put my finger over the waste line, the pressure went up to where it should be and water would go through the rest of the filter system. Ended up being a problem with the membrane not seating correctly and had to get a replacement. Once I put in the new one - all was well.

I will post pic soon. Again today I try to run it, 1st chamber and 2nd chamber are all full except for the 3rd chamber where the DI only half full max...Pressure is 38-39. Product water come out w/ 0ppm on TDS measurement.

You have to let the Ro saturate fully It should clear up after running several hours. You can purge the air out of your canister by slightly loosing the canister until if is full.

Scooterman is right I just replaced my DI resin yesterday and it took hours of running to full the canister, but the water was running through the media right from the start. Just let it run and don't worry about it , it will fill over time.

Thanks guys, I will try it tonight loosen the canister let the air out, then try to run it in a long period of time to see if the water fill up.

I made about 20 gallons of water today and noticed the water level in the DI canister only fills the bottom 1/3 if even that. I seem to get close to 6 gallons per hour of RO/DI water so it is running properly and 0 TDS. Just never noticed that the canister does not fill completely with water.......

It finally will fill. I have a 110gpd unit and it only produces about 20 a day. Think my house pressure is low or I need to replace the membrain. But still produces 0 tds and is working so do fix whats not broke.

The DI most likely won't stay full always, I wouldn't worry to much about that, just let it run and it will improve once it is fully saturated.

I made about 20 gallons of water today and noticed the water level in the DI canister only fills the bottom 1/3 if even that. I seem to get close to 6 gallons per hour of RO/DI water so it is running properly and 0 TDS. Just never noticed that the canister does not fill completely with water.......

Turned out everyone is right, the 3rd chamber slowly fills itself everytime I try to get RO/DI water, and now the pressure gauge is above 45. Good news!!! Thanks everyone.

On a few posts on FAQ on RODI's that I read when I got mine, the canister not filling completely is normal.

Back