Help Please!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OCDreefer

So as I was messing with my return pipe, and the screw part of my bulkhead crack and. The overflow leaked. I need help with two things, first of what size bulkhead do I have if I have 1" pipe running though it? And 2nd does anyone have these size bulkhead laying around? This includes if anyone of the LFS owners reads these.... Thanks

Thor

Also it is clear that some water got in the area between the tank and stand.... Does any fill that it is absolutly citical that I take the tank of the stand?... I might cry if you say yes FYI

If there was room for the water to get in there, it will eventually evaporate out. Only way I could see it causing a problem would be if there were unprotected metal for it to corrode, or unprotected particle-board for it to melt.

To get the water out I suggest stuffing a dry paper towel against the edge where the water got in and leaving it there for a few hours. The towel will produce a wicking action and remove the water :)

Also it is clear that some water got in the area between the tank and stand.... Does any fill that it is absolutly citical that I take the tank of the stand?... I might cry if you say yes FYI

what size bulkhead do I have if I have 1" pipe running though it?

Who's buried in Grant's tomb?

To answer your question in a less snarky way its a 1" bulkhead. :) What you have to determine though is if it is schedule 40 or schedule 80 because they use different cut out sizes. I am assuming since it cracked easily it is the lighter duty schedule 40 bulkhead. Blue Sierra in Issaquah tends to have bulkheads in stock. You might want to give them a call to see if they have the type you need.

Last edited:
i thought it was a 1" bulkhead I was just double checking.... I'm so pissed about this. Future food for thought, DO NOT mess with aquarium after drinking.

I'm sure it is a schedule 40 because those can break that easily, the 80's are really thick, hard to break.

After running by Russell's it's for sure a 40 which they don't have.... Off to blue seirra, fingers crossed.

I got a bulkhead but had to spend the whole day tearing and setting up the tank :( I'm quitting if this ever happens again

If you quit, can I have your stuff? :D JK

Actually, I feel your pain. Had to pull everything out of my little 37g four times in two weeks. Don't quit though - I think you have my phone number...if something like it happens again, call me and I'll come help.:) I'm just down the street.

Back