HELP!!! Problems with my new True Perculas

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I was just wondering if the scars that the Brook left in the skin of the Percs will ever go away completely. They don't look bad but you can see them easily.

I've seen old scarred fishes before, but I don't ever know for sure how long ago they were scared. Disease scars can heal and fade with a lot of time; but physical scars can last.

My wife asked me Today when are going to have the Percs back in the main tank but I did not know what to tell her. Do you think July 7th would be ok or should we wait a little more?

Scooty has it. 6 weeks after treatment is completed, for this disease. Keep them there for close observation. ;)

Yesterday I noticed that the tail of the male Percula looks all chewed up. Since he is only with the female in the QT, I am assuming that she did it. Is there any particular reason why she would do that to him?

My two juvenile clarki clowns, the female was chasing around the male and nipping at him. I guess it is normal to an extent, but I don't know about the ragged tail thing. That sounds kind of excessive. You could try sending a pm to Elmo18...he knows a whole lot about clownfish.

The fish help maintain their 'gender' through this process. The female can get pretty belligerent however, quite often from outside stressors, nutritional issues, etc. Others -- that's just their personality.

Watch the male closely. If he looks like he is being harmed then separation would be a solution.

Back