HELP: Sick Clownfish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jeremyhowe

I have 2 clownfish in a 75 gallon tank with a 20 gallon sump and xp3 canister filter. They have been in for around 5 days now. One is having problems swimming. He is very skittish and has his top fin and bottom 2 fins tucked in. Front of his nose may be turning paleish with some white stuff flaking off. Also has a minute amount of green fuzz on the bottom of his chin and also his body is barely turning pale as well. He hasn't eaten in 2 days. The other one seems to be fine. I did have my water temp change from 76 up to 79 throughout the day. My salinity is 1.023/1.024. So far all I have done is turned off 2 powerheads so he can swim easier and left 2 going. PLEASE Help.
Thanks,
-Jeremy

What are your parameters?

Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
PH

May not have anything to do with it but I would always start there. Other than that I have no clue.

What are your parameters?

Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
PH

May not have anything to do with it but I would always start there. Other than that I have no clue.

It has been a couple of days since I last checked, but when I did things were right on schedule.
Ammonia___0
Nitrite___0
Nitrate___0
and PH___8.1

I have also tried feeding a small amount about 2 hours later than first feeding and that still wouldn't arouse him to eat. the left side of his face seems to be getting more white flaky and pale than earlier. I don't want to lose this guy

i would also try and quarentine this clown cause you dont want it to spread to ur other fish and check the marine fish section in the general forums it should help u out

Where you able to find the cure for your clownfish?

let me know, I have the same issue going on... except I had them in the tank for a while.

thanks,

QUARANTINE BEFORE IT SPREADS. use hypo salinity and treat with a bacterial and a parasitic and possibly ich and keep him in quarantine for at least 4-6weeks after healed.

Back