help with a long tentacle anemone please

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

vvizz4rcl

I picked up a long tentacle anemone three days ago.It ways rolling around the tank in the store looking for a place to call home.I get it and bring it home and it hasn t done nothing but lay the bottom.In one spot,its not even trying to to move around the tank or climb to a rock.The arms have life in them and move.So i know its not dead.One of my clown have gotten a liking him today too.have 2 250 watts so i know the lights good.maybe it just needs time,But i thought i would ask befor i do something wrong.

I agree with Sid. But if you think it's having an issue, how about posting a picture.

I have been told that when purchasing anemone's to look out for the ones that are not attached. I could be wrong but normally the ones not attached and floating around normally are not doing too good. Looking for ones that firmly attach to substrate or rocks is a good sign of health.

They should also be very sticky to the touch - put a couple of fingers in there and see if the tentacles stick to them - unless you're the type that has an allergic reaction to everything - it's not a good idea.

Hi, hows the anemone doing. did he dig down through the sand and latch onto the glass? I can my anemone's foot stuck to the glass if I look up throught the stand at the bottom of the glass. hope he is doing better, Larry

Like what was said before. If he is sticky that is a good sign also how is its mouth. Is it open and look like the insides are coming out? If he hasnt put his foot in the sand hold in the water and look close at its foot. Look for small holes and tears in them.

If hes attaced to the rock then most likely he just likes where hes at. Just leave him be and if he doesnt like it hell move. And if the clowns hosting in him thats a good sign.

it does seem like the foot is doing anything its not trying to move around the tank ,its not trying to attach to rock,and not trying to dig.The arms arm sticky.the mouth looks to be fine.

Then its doing its thing. They find a place in the sand and usually stick to it. Now all you have to do is keep your water clean and feed it once in awhile. Of course enjoy the viewing pleasure of your clowns hosting it.

Back