Help With Aptasia

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

so you just leave the rock in the tank and sneak up on them with the syringe full of boiling water and let 'em have it? Do you poke it into them or just spray them? I have a couple in my tank right now but I could just remove the rocks and scrape them off and then give them the spot blast of boiling water, I would think that would be "plan A", as compared to doing in in the tank?

Right in the tank while they are fully extended works best. Scraping can lead to cloning. If can get it in the mouth, they explode into a cloud.

Sneaking IS key--don't let them retract!

If I have a clear shot, then I'll stab them right in the side and squirt. (I don't know if it actually works better.... but it is a lot of fun! :evil:)

otherwise aim for the face as herefishyfishy suggested...

And yes, scraping is a baaaad idea-- scraping = breaking them up into little pieces which will usually = many many more later on...
If you can't make them part of the food-chain, then is best to NUKE them (chemically or with heat.)

scraping is bad even if the rock is all the way out of the tank? and then rinse the area with boiling water?

Back