help with cpr overflow

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Forestal

hi all...
my old cpr overflow never came with a kit to keep down the slurping, and their site isnt super clear on how to make it stop slurping..

anyone have a picture...i'm tryin to rig something up, but would help if i could just look at a picture...thanks :)

I have a CPR overflow and had the same gurling sound. If you look at the strainer in it, there is a small hole in the center. What CPR sends is a little hard tube (like a straw) that you push down the strainer's hole until it stops gurgling. They send a little rubber bushing to help hold it in place, but I don't think it can move. When I tried to adjust mine, I had to use pliers to pull it up and push it down. If you want a picture I can shoot one for you. Let me see if my batteries in the camera has any juice(LOL) BRB

Here you go Dan...HTH. I've notced also that the pre-filter sponge along with the CPR lid helps keep the sound to a minimum also. Also, I had to re-work my input pipe that leads to my sump to eliminate the gurgling. If you want a picture of that also, let me know. I think I have the before and after pictures saved...

ah...see i think i lost what i had, but am trying to rig with air tubing, but from the top, not down further, will try it out....thanks very much :)

ah...see i think i lost what i had, but am trying to rig with air tubing, but from the top, not down further, will try it out....thanks very much

No problem...Maybe you can use one of those straws I see people use in mixed drinks. I think they call them cocktail straws...HTH

works great...thanks alot :)

and i did use one of my kids straws :)

Back