help with ducan prob

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

machine646

I have a ducan two big head 9 small,a few of the small head are coming offits in a 24 gallon cube,with two 500gph pd,I added the second one a week ago,the ducan is placed on the sb,any help please!!!

Can you Post a pic. And describe what you mean by coming off. Like detaching from the stalk? Looks like its melting? Or dying? Corroiding off?

HTC EVO

It is.... But usually with that's not going to cause them to come off their stalk. It would just make mine close up for a couple of days. Have you tested your water parameters

HTC EVO

I don't know how to post pics,the small heads are starting to like break off the stalks,I'm gonna remove one pd

I agree with NanaReefer, I only have a 240gph blowing at my duncans. I would test the water and turn off a powerhead for awhile just to see what happens

I have 2 large duncan colonies and one is in a area that recieves constant flow a foot away from an vortech mp40. I keep looking for him to have a problem but its been months and months and he seems to be fine so I have left him there. just my experience.

hi any update?
flesh wont come off just like that on lps with too much flow...is there any brown slime/receding?or whole flesh just came off?if its the latter then i think whats happening to your duncans is that the flesh are bailing out...
if u can post some pics so we can see whats happening will help a lot...
also can u give us your water parameters?
lps are prone to polyp bail out....i have experienced this myself but that was when my water chemistry was off...
try to do some water change for now and put some carbon....try to put it somewhere where theres less flow and see what happens...

Back