Help with Feather Duster

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

aja19919

My feather duster has ejected itself from the tube. Should I try to put it back in the tube? Any ideas why it did this? Thank you

I have also wondered what to do when this happens, I've never had a big one but have seen them do this at the LFS?

Well, I called Oceans by Design and they said that 'it' was fine, just probably making itself a new tube. :cool:

My feather duster has ejected itself from the tube. Should I try to put it back in the tube? Any ideas why it did this? Thank you
I'm pretty sure they do this when they don't like their location. I've heard its best to kind of burrow the lower part of tube under rocks/sand to make it happier.

I did bury it upon arrival. It hasn't moved from where I put it, it's just hanging out by it's tube. Should I bury the soft part in the substrate?

I did bury it upon arrival. It hasn't moved from where I put it, it's just hanging out by it's tube. Should I bury the soft part in the substrate?
hmm i don't really know, maybe just moving the tube to a different spot would make it go back in? i'm just guessing on that though!

Well, if anyone else is following this thread, it's another hard learned lesson. Even though I checked and asked if the FD would be vunerable to anything in the tank and the answer was negative, that didn't prove to be the case. Something disected the poor guy. I have a sand sifting star, cleaner shrimp, blue legged hermits and snails. Not sure if the fish would bother with it or not. I guess the best thing would be to isolate it somehow until it grew it's tube back.

Last update: I think my conch is the culprit. I think it took out my bubble coral last night and uprooted the other FD. Time to move the furniture around.

Back