Help with hole placement for new 225 Glass tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OK overflows in the corners, and i will talk to them about the holes as i am not sure how many you can safely drill in a glass tank or what they will warranty?

Thanks for all the help.
Eric

I don't think they warranty holes at all so your on your own when you drill, other than the stock holes for the overflow. Unless it is the manufacturer that is doing the drilling.
That is one reason why I'd go with 3/4"BH outlets, about 4 of them & One 2" for the 1 1/2" suction. Now on the bottom you can do a 2" for each overflow & call it good, you can return your sump over the top, actually you can even return the CL over the top but I'd place at least two 3/4" down low to cover the bottom areas. So you have there several choices for drilling holes! I'd come up with a few sketches & post them & really think about how you want to do this & have it planned before you do any holes!

The manufacturer is doing all of the drilling so it should be covered at least thats what they told me. As for the placement i have asked them for some designs they have done in the past and also how many holes they will cover. I am starting to get a picture of what i want so i will draw it up and post it tomorrow.

Eric

Back