help with id of coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jennwest

I noticed this on a frag, does anyone know what it is?
Thanks!

hhgOyo0l.jpg

I agree, that has to be majano anemone. Sure is a pretty one though.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Bummer! Its only been in my tank a few days and I already see another one. How do I get rid of them safely?

check your water para. These guys will spread or multiply fast in nutritious environment/ high temp. The only way is carefully take out the rock or the branch that has them. DO NOT try to kill it in the tank by any mojano/aptaisa control chemical. It will spread when you touch it. Hope it helps.

Take the rock put, and just pop them off with your finger nail, or pair of tweezers or knife tip.
I pop them off with my fingers when I find them once in a while on new frags. Never found any in my tanks.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Alright, I pulled the kenya tree frag off the little rock and got rid of the rock! Hopefully I won't see anymore of them! Thanks everyone!

A file fish eats them also. Well i should also say they are hit and miss if it will or not. Mine wiped mine out pretty quickly. Just have to keep and eye on them cuz, as mine did, once the majono is gone, the fish looks for something else to eat and in my case, zoas. Easy fish to catch though.

A file fish eats them also. Well i should also say they are hit and miss if it will or not. Mine wiped mine out pretty quickly. Just have to keep and eye on them cuz, as mine did, once the majono is gone, the fish looks for something else to eat and in my case, zoas. Easy fish to catch though.
Oh cool, if they start popping up everywhere I will see about getting one. Thanks!

Back