Help with identifying an anemone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Gary

I've looked around a bit and believe this may be a Majano. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20120917_194118.jpg
    20120917_194118.jpg
    46.6 KB
Last edited:
I believe those are mojano's (spelling???) and they are cute but not welcome in our reef tanks. They can easily overcome your tank because they multiply so fast that they are considered a pest.

C

That's what I was afraid of. There was 1 very small one on the rock when I bought it, but now there are 4 that are about 3/4" in diameter.

I have read about several ways to get rid of them.

1. Kalk paste
2. Injecting then with vinegar
3. Majano Wand
4. Injecting them with lemon juice.
5. 1 watt laser pointer
6. Soaking them in CA glue

Does anyone have any opinions on what works best?

Last edited:
I've used lemon juice, you have to actually inject it in them though. Kalk might work or it might make more. Boiling water sounds like a good idea but ild remove the rock if you could and nuke it.

LASERS, they are the bringers of doom. If you can't get lasers then napalm might do the trick. Just kidding, but really people are using high power Lasers and Nuking them with intense focused light. With a little safety, and some time you could kill all of them and any of their evil offsprings. Just my thought. I have tried everything their is. If you kill one with kalk paste 18 more will pop up and laugh at you. If you use Joes juice the same thing will happen. Matter of fact if you use any kind of control method other then burning them with high grade LASER's you will only find yourself overwhelmed by them.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll ask my wife for a laser for Christmas! For now I will try the boiling water and lemon juice. Hopefully that will keep them away for a little while so I can scratch up some cash for a "friggin laser beam" (Spoken like Dr. Evil).

ive had 2 in the past and all i did was poke them to make them shrivel up then cover them in frag gule worked like a charm. havent seen 1 in over 5 mos.

A guy in portland propagates these critters. To get them off the rock he puts a shell on top of it. They like to be on top so they will climb in to the shell to get a better perching spot. Then just remove the shell :)

Lasers are the answer to all issues. If you have an issue with your neighbor, you put lasers on your cats and throw them over the fence. If you have major issues you put lasers on your Sharks.

Back