Help with Sump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

j.and

I would like to set my non RR 72 up with a sump. I'm looking at the LifeReef HOB overflows and would like some help on things like sump size, design, return flow and things like that. Thanks!

Well, where any sump is concerned, the bigger you go, the better because the more water volume you have, the more stability your system will have. Are you planning on converting a standard tank into a sump or are you planning on having something custom built? Also, what do you plan to keep in the sump (equipment wise) and also, are you planning on incorporating in a refugium? That will determine what design will be best for you. Here is a site you can browse through to see a few different sump styles to get some ideas. Apart from that, let us know your plans so we can know which direction to point you in:)

Look under the blue section titled, "Sump/Refugiums & Acrylic Work"

http://www.melevsreef.com/links.html

I've looked at the cpr and the lifereef and dont have any problem at all spending a few more dollars for piece of mind.Thanks for the link, I will check it out.
Krish... awesome link on melev!

I don't know much about overflows but I got this one about a year and a half ago and it is still working very well. Also it is black and so no algae grows inside (at least mine).:confused: But is like the CRP one so they might not be the highest of quality but I have no complaints. Mine is the 600gph but I have seen them in 1200gph if you need a bigger one. Hope it helps you out some.

Back