Help with Zoos

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Milez803

i just purchase some zoos from a fellow reefer, i bought 7 polyp of Joker from him and 4 polyp of Tub blues.. my tub blues open up fine, but the Joker haven't open since Saturday, ..2 polyp from the Joker attempt to open, but doesn't fully open up..the other just stay close. he told me that his frag tank just lost a really huge clam that could effect the water.. anyone got any tip on helping me get these Jokers to open up?? anything would be great..

Zoanthids are usually pretty hardy, even in less than ideal water conditions. I'd try blowing it off with a turkey baster. Look at it closely to see if maybe there's any pests on it. Other than that, just give it time. Is it possible that it's near anything that's stinging it?

nope..nothing close where it can be sting..and its under 400 watts halide light..but i put it in a shade area in the bottom...i do see some what of a dust on it..beside that..its just doesn't open..

try some cyclopeeze in the water

nope..nothing close where it can be sting..and its under 400 watts halide light..but i put it in a shade area in the bottom...i do see some what of a dust on it..beside that..its just doesn't open..

Mine seem to love the oils in cyclopeeze and open up and feed even off cycle. Spendy stuff but if it gets them over the hump, maybe worth it. Just wish they made cubes of it as the foil tubes are hard to break up into small pieces.

Eric in LFP

i just purchase some zoos from a fellow reefer, i bought 7 polyp of Joker from him and 4 polyp of Tub blues.. my tub blues open up fine, but the Joker haven't open since Saturday, ..2 polyp from the Joker attempt to open, but doesn't fully open up..the other just stay close. he told me that his frag tank just lost a really huge clam that could effect the water.. anyone got any tip on helping me get these Jokers to open up?? anything would be great..

The clam wouldn't have affected anything. Even if his frag tank water was poor, once you put them into good water they would have been alright. As long as you transfered them properly. If they got the devil shocked out of them during the move, then they would be pretty stressed.

Mine seem to love the oils in cyclopeeze and open up and feed even off cycle. Spendy stuff but if it gets them over the hump, maybe worth it. Just wish they made cubes of it as the foil tubes are hard to break up into small pieces.

Eric in LFP

You can buy cyclopeeze in a squirt bottle dispenser. Kinda like liquid soap.

Back