Hey guys look what the clowns have cooking!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

vwmoneypit

one larg lps
WHATS THE CHANCES?
126GAL011.jpg
126GAL015-2.jpg
126GAL013-2.jpg

Very nice. What are the chances that you can raise them to adulthood? Just curious, never had anything lay eggs for em before! :)

THESE ARE FROM A RESCUE TANK 2 YRS AGO i HAVE 3 CLOWN BUT THE TWO ARE TRUE PURC'S .THEY AT ONE TIME HAD A CARPET BUT SINCE SOLD THEY HAVE BEEN ACTING WIERD FOR ABOUT THREE WEKS AND FAVORIN THE HAIRY MUSHROOMS FOR TWO WEEK.SO TODAY ON A FRAG SALE I SEEN THEM TADAAA.WELP ALL AND ANY ADVISE IS WELCOME.THE ROCK CANOT BE MOVED IT IS 45LBS OR MORE..THANKS,WILL(PAPPA)!L.O.L.

Wow you have the discovery channel all day long. Congrats to you on your Husbandry skills.

THESE ARE FROM A RESCUE TANK 2 YRS AGO i HAVE 3 CLOWN BUT THE TWO ARE TRUE PURC'S .THEY AT ONE TIME HAD A CARPET BUT SINCE SOLD THEY HAVE BEEN ACTING WIERD FOR ABOUT THREE WEKS AND FAVORIN THE HAIRY MUSHROOMS FOR TWO WEEK.SO TODAY ON A FRAG SALE I SEEN THEM TADAAA.WELP ALL AND ANY ADVISE IS WELCOME.THE ROCK CANOT BE MOVED IT IS 45LBS OR MORE..THANKS,WILL(PAPPA)!L.O.L.

Congrats! My black ocellaris couple have been laying eggs in the Montipora cap every ten days...like clock work for the last two months. We have watched the fry hatch several times. Very cool.

hey thanks for the frags! i'm glad i was able to see those in person and trade with you!
my friend sazmo on coralswap.co.uk is working on breeding clown and banggi... also Peter/pedro_man is working on/try'n to breed clowns also.
they both says LOADS of rotifers and phyto... it would be best to take the rock out, but since you can't, Sazmo said something about the eggs hatching at night when it is totally dark for @ least 2 hours, then they go to the surface or something. the fry need to pretty much "bump" into phyto and rotifers. i'm told it is best to do that in a small tank and change the water once or twice a day. I'll look up what she said later, I'm beat.
Stephen

thanks for the kind words peeps keep me posted on ideas i hope some make it tuff with the over flo bit tho!

So what is the chances at all of the making it..If i pull the filter in the over flo out and they go to refuge IS that a chance?SORRY just reaching for ideas..lmao!SHut off skimmer?

Unfortunately, without having a tank set up especially for the rearing of Clownfish fry, the chances of any surviving are zero. Buy and read Clown Fish Guide, A Guide to Their Captive Care, Breeding and Natural History, by Joyce Wilkerson. Then read it again...and again. I've got the book, it's great!! I still need to read through it a couple more times...lol. Also, read Elmo's very extensive workshop article found here http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10937 . Warning...it's 21 pages long...so far. Great information!!!

Back