Hey Krish - tell us about the rock on the back wall of your tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish,
Got the skimmer and installed the new sump last night. 20 gallon sump with bioballs, ASM G-3 skimmer, two 600 GPH return pumps. Will post pics on a different thread probably on Tuesday. I do have a skimmer question, so I will not disrupt this thread with it. I will start a new one.

Beutiful set up O2manyfish!!
Thanks gang!

Glad to hear that James and don't worry about hijacking this thread...Once my name is included somewhere in it, it's cool(LOL)

Krish,

When I setup the 360g last April I was not sure if my surge was going to work as I hoped. So I drilled the tank in advance for a future 2" closed Loop. I have a motorized ball valve. And only the bulkhead in the front right corner would be an issue.

But in the past year the surge has worked out to be better than I hoped. And now it runs darn close to silent - when Dana Riddle was amazed by it. My surge is all gravity so no moving parts, and it drops 33g from the second story in about 5-6secs. You can watch it on my webcam - It cycles about every 90 secs or so.

But anyway the surge worked out really well. And I also managed to hide 5 Tunzes in the tank. Which are great for their speed, but their maintenance and reliability is a pain.

So when I upgraded to the 400g in May I opted to not add the extra bulkheads. I did however make 8" strips of black acrylic which I premounted zoos, acans, clams, etc to cover the bottom of the tank. I am hoping in another 4-6 months the bottom will be a solid carpet. Someone recently counted over 200 different zoo's on the bottom of the tank.

It just takes paitence, then more money, then alot more patience.

Dave B

Back