Hey

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MissJena

Just starting up my 4th SW tank, a 30 gallon Nuvo, in the 2/3 years since my first tank - a 240 gallon behemoth. A girl who bought some rock from me mentioned a 20,000 gallon build here I had to see. Wow. I think my husband is now plotting ways we could build a home around an aquarium and fund the exhibition. Mostly used the Dallas area DFWMAS.org forum.

Welcome to RF, I take it you have 3 tanks already and this is your fourth? Is that correct?
Start up a member showcase forum for all the salt water running through your house :D
Would love to see the 240.
Steven

So I see we aren't doing the picture thing anymore huh? :p.

Welcome to RF! Really hope you enjoy it here. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I see we aren't doing the picture thing anymore huh? :p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL...they have 5 posts now.

we need pics!
Welcome to Reef Frontiers.
Really do look forward to hearing more about your tank. And old pics of the 240 are fine.
Definately start a new thread in the members showcase forum.

I don't have any good pictures - my computer is a mess and external hard drive lost, but I took some video of the new one. I once read a reef build on ReefCentral about a guy who built a reef at his car dealership with skylights that let in the morning sun. He talked about how the beauty of the natural sun rays on the reef were incomparable to any type of lighting he had ever tried. So - my white nano is in the window with the sunlight and I LOVE it. It glitters at noon with rainbows and sparkles

And at night. I find the night time LEDs to be a bit brighter that I prefer, but it is cool to still see everything since my husband and I are night owls and see the tank more after the day time lights are off. The music make it Jaws spooky...lol

My 90 gallon with breeding clarki clowns prior to me letting it go after I gave birth to my son. Great custom tank. Lesson learned. It was too tall and the MH light system was attached to the hood making it impossible for me to move without my husband.

Another mistake I made with the 90 was introducing sargassum crabs from Galveston. SO MUCH FUN to watch. but he clipped several of my fish who injured fell into the carpet anemone. Aye. The cool thing was we brought back over a hundred Coquina clams and the fish love to eat them - great treat. I heard they are great in a fuge too.

Apparently I am limited to one video :(

I've done a lot of trial and error, with a lot of help from my local forum peeps. This tank I am going for total
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]success. Focussing on coral development, a RBTA and successfully breeding some clowns and their fry. [/FONT]

And at night. I find the night time LEDs to be a bit brighter that I prefer, but it is cool to still see everything since my husband and I are night owls and see the tank more after the day time lights are off. The music make it Jaws spooky...lol

My 90 gallon with breeding clarki clowns prior to me letting it go after I gave birth to my son. Great custom tank. Lesson learned. It was too tall and the MH light system was attached to the hood making it impossible for me to move without my husband.

The nano is a pretty tank and stand.
How long has it been in the window. You dont have a problem with excessive algae growth?

It's still cycling, but thus far, no. It's a concern, but my goal is to stay on top of it. The sparkle is worth the effort!

Back