Hi, 90 gal is up and running but I have micro bubbles coming from my sump pump. Why

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wentreefgirl

Salt waterlogged!!
and how to get rid of them. Got to be a better way. Also, would a stockman standpipe get rid of this sloshing sound like im washing laudry with the lid open. :lol:

Are the bubble comeing from the sump or a possible pinhole leak in the closed loop system? The sloshing sound will deminsh with time as the pipe builds up bacteria. what kind of overflow are you using? Can you post photos of overflow, loop, return pipes, sump and such the like. If so it will be much easier to isolate your problems and fix them.
Congrats on getting up and running.
Steve

Thanks, but im so nervious that something will go wrong. Already i moved the hamilton metal halide ballast box and now the halides arent running. Dont know what that is but will have to deal with that one quickly.

sorry about the carpet! How is everything else in the tank?

What type of standpipe are you using right now with your overflow?

Do you have a skimmer in your sump? Any baffles in the sump?

No standpipe yet. I bought the supplies to make one but in the directions its a 1" pipe and my overflow is 1 1/2. So when i went to get the 2 1/2 inch cuppling and reducer they dont have that size so wasnt sure if 2 inch would do. What to you guys think. Believe it or not the blue carpet is still kicking. A little funky around the edges but is still there.

Heres a pic this morning.

Picture1895126772.jpg
[/IMG]

My halides are back on, why, not sure. So now i can put more of my nice coral in.

Back