Hi from Australia

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Semillon

I hear this is the place to go when it comes to discussion of fish diseases and treatments, so here I am :)

Welcome to RF!!! :welcome: This is definately the place for reefers of all kinds and if it is fish disease and treatment, then this section here Marine Fish Discussion with Lee Birch is where you should check out. Lee is our fish disease and treatment expert so check it out!!

Hope you enjoy it here!! :)

Hey. I'm from Australia also. I have a 175lt tank. New to this. Have just finished cycling I hope. 17 days since putting in live rock and today have 0 readings. Woo hoo.

Yess, zero readings 3 days straight. Should be buying fish this weekend. I would like to get 2 clown fish and an anemone. Would this be ok. I have a deltec mce300 skimmer, 300w fluval heater, live rock, fluval 305 filter, 2 tunze blowers, sand substrate, and lighting is 2 blue 2 sunlight 24w and 36w tank is 175 litres.

timing is not optimal for an anem, 5 or 6 months unless you are a seasoned reefer or born with a silver spoon lol, as your tank is new tell us what you do with the fluval, they have good and bad points, will you be quarantining your fish before putting them in the display?

timing is not optimal for an anem, 5 or 6 months unless you are a seasoned reefer or born with a silver spoon lol, as your tank is new tell us what you do with the fluval, they have good and bad points, will you be quarantining your fish before putting them in the display?
Thanks for your interest, I bought it brand new and installed in tank before cycling with live rock. I let it go without touching it throughout cycle to get bacteria happening etc. It had 3 carbon and 3 biomax ceramic rings in baskets and up till now the foam in the front. Today I emptied the canister and took the foam out and replaced it with a bag of carbon instead. Didn't clean any of the media as such and put it back together. I'm happy to spend as much time as necessary on my tank as I have time to do so. As for quarantine the first fish no but after that ? I don't have a spare tank set up as such. What is a simple set up for quarantine purposes. I have a spare heater and other gear what is your opinion on this so far. And yes I was born with a silver spoon lol.

qt's are dead simple, a tank,heater,sponge filter,some pvc couplings for them to hide in, the fluval filter is good for cleaning once a week or putting carbon in nut for a reef the live rock does all the biological filtration, providing more area for bacteria to grow really can raise nitrates quickly, cannisters are great for a fish only tank but reefs don't do well with high nitrates

Back