Hi from Chicago

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cableguy69846

Just wanted to stop by and say "Hi". I just joined this site a couple days ago. I am not new to fish, but I am new to the salty variety. I have been keeping freshwater for about 3 years now. A couple months ago, I got a good deal on a tank and stand, so I jumped on it. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on about saltwater tanks for a couple years now. Now I am going to put it into practice. For now, I have a 15gal DT with a 10 gallon sump and 2.5 gal fuge. I am using second hand outdated equipment for the moment, but that is slowly changing. My system has an old school BakPak skimmer, a return pump from a Biocube, some no name power head, and two 24" dual lamp T5HO units desperatelly in need of new bulbs. About 20lbs. of sand and 40+ lbs of live rock. I am planning on building a new stand really soon and upgrading to a 20high after I shuffle some freshwater tanks around.

My system as of now:
IMG_5190.jpg

DT:
IMG_5192.jpg

Sump and Fuge:
IMG_5191.jpg

That is where I am at so far.

Aside from the salty water box, I am also into reptiles. Have a couple snakes and lizards, and am looking into getting some PDF's as well. Anything else, just ask. See you in the forums.

Sounds like you have things covered. Do you have a plan of what you want to put in the tank.? How long have you be cycling the tank.? So is the big gulp for water changes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you have things covered. Do you have a plan of what you want to put in the tank.? How long have you be cycling the tank.? So is the big gulp for water changes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, sort of have it covered. I am thinking a clown pair, shrimp/goby pair, and a firefish. And maybe some sexy shrimp in the fuge. The tank has been running since Aprilish. It was originally a 10 gallon, then I found the deal and set that up in May-June. So it has been going for a couple of months now. The big Gulp is for general maintenance. Great for holding things, acclimation, and it was my top off tool before I got my ATO setup.

Yeah I feel that. That's why I just stick to a couple. The main being saltwater.

That is what I should have done. But planted tanks are too much fun to pass up. Add the wife's love of animals to it, and some fun reptiles an we quickly acquired a zoo. Lol.

Sent from my phone via my job's wifi, most likely.

I was there. I had rats getting ready to bread for my snake. A mastiff, a big cat, and about to get more along with my salt addiction. Keeping and diving. I went threw a course called financial peace university. And am now waiting till I'm out of debt to start doing all the hobbies again.

I was there. I had rats getting ready to bread for my snake. A mastiff, a big cat, and about to get more along with my salt addiction. Keeping and diving. I went threw a course called financial peace university. And am now waiting till I'm out of debt to start doing all the hobbies again.

Maybe I need to do something like that.

Sent from my phone via my job's wifi, most likely.

Back