Hi To All

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wikidd

:blabla:Hi from sunny hot Malta,registered with the site today as it seems a very interesting site very informative and great threads,wish to make some good friends and learn more in the reefkeeping hobby,i have been keeping marine and reef tanks for the past 10 years on and off,first i was a newbie having only a fishtank and doing the usual mistakes,than started something with softies and again mistakes,lack of patience and still a teenanger:))those days i wasnt able to say what was best,than i quit the hobby as i started working and maybe running after a dame:rockon:,well that was seven-ten years ago,about a year and a half ago i again started a reef system in my mums house were i still live in my bedroom,and after a couple of months of intensive reading,surfing the web and patience i achieved what i wanted,but again a big question came to my mind,i am shortly moving house to my new place,and said was it worth it keeping stocking and building the tank to then move everything again to the new place,so i sold everything except the equipment such as chiller,skimmer,pumps,metal halides which i will not be using anymore due to running costs(especially in malta which we have a costly electrical bill,bloody vampiric goverment:mmph:),now i am setting up a new project at my new place a 160cmx60cmx60cm 576ltr tank plus a 120cmx50cmx60cm 120ltr trickle/sump/fugium system,i must say that they are the first piece of furniture at the appartment loool,this couple of days i started working on the stand design and water and electrical supplies near tank,as soon as i take a couple of pics i will surely post them,i the meantime i will try to post some pics of my recent setup

Welcome to RF !!
Keep us update with the build thread and post pics.. We like pics !!

best way is to upload them photobucket, flickr, etc..then copy/paste a link from photobucket,etc. to a message.

2009_1109tankreef0076.jpg

IMAGE_028.jpg
DSCF0045.jpg

some pics of my recent setup,hopr you like them

DSCF0989.jpg

IMAGE_030.jpg

2009_1109tankreef0094.jpg

2009_1109tankreef0097.jpg

2009_1109tankreef0103.jpg

2009_1114tankreef0001.jpg

yes mainly i had softies,but than i started adding some hardies as well but that was when i decided to stop the setup for a bit

well it was quite a strong flow,but the pumps worked on different timers to create different streams of flow,but it is never enough as you will find a death spot somewhere on the bottom

Newbie here. Awesome tank you have. Could you tell me if you syphon the sand when doing water changes. I wonder how you get around everything that's all. Thanks.

Back