HI!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

When you have a question, post it and you will get many answers.

1st suggestion: Just because a used system is listed on Craigslist doesn't mean it's a good deal.

2nd suggestion: Post your questions for opinions and answers BEFORE you purchase items, as there is hundreds of years of Reef keeping experience on this and other reef forums.

3rd suggestion: Take your time with your set up. Patience is key if you want your tank to survive.

Welcome!!

Have lots of PATIENCE ($5), PATIENCE ($5), and more patience!!!($5),

$15 for me! :D

I've only been doing this for 2 1/2 years and I'm having a great time,and it is hard to be patience but that is great advise,I won't trade this hobby for any other. welcome a board

Did anyone mention patience? :)
BigBlue hit the nail on the head with great advice, plan way ahead, it will save you a ton of money.
Know what you want before you spend a dime, and ask lots of questions.
Had I been a bit less um, independent, I would have saved much time and money.
Thanks to reading the posts here, my first warm water tank is doing great!

Fishwishmarge,

What size tank are you setting up?
What type tank do you want (reef, fish only, mixture)

Before putting a drop of water in a tank, I would read the following book:

The Conscientious Marine Aquarist, Robert M. Fenner ...

I've been in this hobby for 12yrs and still use this book as a reference. It is a very good book.

Any questions, just ask.

Kirk

welcome, let me know if any questions for a fellow noobie (i'm only two months in to my first tank). I already have free frags of xenia and mushrooms if you want them.

Welcome to the hobby/addiction. I'm new here also, and this place usually has my questions answered before I ever have to post. This is probably why I'm on post one... ^^
-Matt

Back