Hi!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

HuskyRob

We are new saltwater aquarium enthusiasts having just bought a 55gal setup. My sons (15,13 & 8yrs) are pretty excited about it and are having a great time learning the ins and outs of maintaining our tank. The tank was already established with live rock, a pulsing xania, and a Foxface Rabbit fish. We successfully picked up, moved and set up the tank and contents using rubbermaid can and buckets. Everything went well and we have since added a blue tang, african clown fish and bubble anemone. Glad to have found this forum and already looking forward to learning more.

Rob

Hey Rob! (will the boys be getting accounts? we be friendly lol) any chance of some pics? Welcome aboard and great idea getting the kids into something like this

Welcome aboard. I am new in this hobby and new to this forum. Don't be afraid to ask any question, I have certainly asked my share, they are great people and only want you to succeed. I have made some mistakes along the way, but the people on this forum are slowly guiding me in the right direction. When I have a question about something, this is the first place I come to. Again, welcome aboard.

Welcome to RF HuskyRob.
There is plenty to learn and you should be able to find answers here to just about anything you want to know. Saltwater related at least.
We are all still learning and experimenting. Any questions, just ask. And it is great that the boys are excited about the tank. You will have to sit up late at night with them and a flash light. You may be surprised at what you will see crawling around in the tank in the dark. It should be fun for the boys to search for critters and figure out what they are.

Thanks for the Welcome! The oldest boy just made an account and wants to research on moving up from the 55gal to a 70gal tank. He is going to have to save up if he wants to do that, lol.

Hey Rob, another big welcome to RF and ditto as above on bringing the boys into the hobby. Mitch must be your oldest as he just posted up first introduction himself. Ask away so we all can help you guys off to great start.

Cheers, Todd

incentive plan? every A in school $500.00 (reefing is expensive lol)

Wow, he could have his tank by the end of the first semester. With 5 maybe 6 classes and getting an A in each one. Mitch would like your incentive plan! Dont think Rob will though! lol!

Oh and 75 is not much bigger than 55. Go BIGGER! 150 +
Okay, enought help from me! ;)

Welcome Rob. It's great to see your kids are involved in the hobby with you.

Post pictures of your progress.

Hope to meet you at a PSAS or North Sound Reefers get together in the near future.

Thanks for all the great responses...I think we will go bigger on the tank. My 2 sons, Mitch and Nick, love the hobby and are looking at upsizing to a 90 to 100gal tank. We will keep an eye out for tanks and the parts needed to run them.

Back