HOB Skimmers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

the deltec mce600 is a good skimmer to be sure, but i think i like the design and price of the WM h2 even better
(500 lph air @ 18watts with sedra 5000, bubble plate, adjustable sealing cup,$299)

the atb im sure totally rocks as well, but of all their skimmers it has the least amount of cone transition, 350 lph of air, and a $500 price tag, so im still thinking the WM is a better deal. also, cheaper to replace WM parts than deltec or ATB.

so when the hell is a bubble king hob coming out??? lol

C & C Marine or Reef Octopus BH-800s.

a cnc marine hob would be nice, but they arent manufactured anymore, so unless you find a used one, prolly not getting one...

and i own the octo bh-800,
all i can say is unless your a modding geek like myself, dont bother...
it will overflow out of the unsealed cup sides dripping on the floor, you'll have to detune the pump by cutting pins off, and deal with lots of bubbles in the display every time you feed/dose/wc for a couple/few hours.
the few positives are that it has the sicce psk2500 pump wich is a much better pump than the other pumps octopus uses on their hob skimmers, and it was only $240, so after adding some rubber seals to the cup, detuning the pump, and making a better air muffler, i have a skimmer that gets 500-600lph of air, and collects mad skimmate. but it was designed by theiving monkeys who cant do math, to be sure...

a cnc marine hob would be nice, but they arent manufactured anymore, so unless you find a used one, prolly not getting one...

and i own the octo bh-800,
all i can say is unless your a modding geek like myself, dont bother...
it will overflow out of the unsealed cup sides dripping on the floor, you'll have to detune the pump by cutting pins off, and deal with lots of bubbles in the display every time you feed/dose/wc for a couple/few hours.
the few positives are that it has the sicce psk2500 pump wich is a much better pump than the other pumps octopus uses on their hob skimmers, and it was only $240, so after adding some rubber seals to the cup, detuning the pump, and making a better air muffler, i have a skimmer that gets 500-600lph of air, and collects mad skimmate. but it was designed by theiving monkeys who cant do math, to be sure...

....Designed by thieving mmonkeys would make it seems like they actually designed it which we know they didn't :lol:

Swapping the pump around doesn't make it a unique design.

You know Martin from Honya doesn't give a sheeeet whose design he builds for whom as long as they pay. Unfortunately that's the reality of things when your manufacturer is overseas and also manufactures for your competitors.

Back