hole in crocea's mantle

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

moliken

i just discovered this hole above the inhalant siphon of a clam ive had for about 3 months; otherwise healthy. only other info, besides that i have 14 clams that look fine, is that yesterday morning i found a dead green coris wrasse who had been healthy the day before. a month ago i saw it nip my derasa, but i've been unable to catch it. my thinking is that the wrasse got caught, caused the damage, and died. lighting is AI leds over a 75.
unable to post pics until i have 3 posts.

look above inhalant siphon
DSCN6520.jpg

DSCN6522.jpg

Yea it could have been that, the clam might have put the clamp on it and damaged it to much. Because you have so many other clams in their though I would keep and eye on it though just in case it is something else.

Mike

thanks. i had been noticing less mantle extension on some of the maxis, and i did, as stated, see the coris bite my big derasa, so as much as i don't want fish hurt, i'm not crying. if it's not that, what else is possible, mojo? fatherree and knopp don't mention anything like this.

Well their are all sorts of things that can go after clams. Snails but usually from down under, their are a number of parasite and protozoans that can effect them also. It more then likely sounds like it was the fish, so if it was then you should start seeing the clams showing a little better pretty soon.

Mojo

Back