Hooked's anemone habitat

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hooked

This was supposed to be a 24" cube, but I got a great deal on a barely used 70ish gallon tank. It is 36 long x 24 wide x 20 deep--great for aquascaping.

The return is a 1/2" seaswirl on a Panworld 50 PX and the closed loop is a Panworld 100 PX-X. I'm using an ASM G-1X in a sump that is connected to the sump of my 90 gallon. I have a 250w AB DE bulb in a Reef Optix pendant run by a Blue Wave ballast on the right side of the tank and a 130 watt pc fixture on the left side.

It's intended to be the home of a blue haddoni, so I left a large lagoon in the middle. I have 35-40 lbs of live rock. The tank is bare bottom and conventional wisdom says you need a sandbed for a haddoni, but Woodstock has one in a bare bottom, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks to Nikki for helping me set it up. :D

Here's a pic showing the entire system, which is all plumbed together. The two sumps are connected by a 2" pipe that has a ball valve in it so I can run them seperately if I want to. You can see the connection on the right side of the 90 gallon cabinet.

A couple of livestock shots. I moved stuff from the prop tank and the 90 and pretty much filled the new tank.

I love the corals you posted pics of. That mushroom better start propagating itself...hint hint....I think Carmella would love a red shroom :lol:.

Oh...I know we spoke about this, but if you are still interested in the RBTA I told you about, I can bring it back with me on Sunday. Nick said you're welcomed to the smaller clone.

I love this set-up. It is great to see everything from above with the viewbox, too. Can't wait to see more inhabitants!

Back