Hosting clown fish with anemones

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have a pair of A. Ocellarius clowns that host a Condy Anemone (Condylactis gigantea). IMO do not encourage you clowns to host a Condy nem. There are many accounts of it working for years with no issue but there are just as many sad stories of lost clowns :(. I have tried to get them to move to my RBTA that is about four inches above the Condy but so far no success. Fish can be a bit annoying and just won't do as you want them too :)

I just got a new RBTA and I have 2 Ocellaris clowns. They don't seem to have any interest in it. The little one use to host my frogspawn, but no longer. I don't really care if they do or don't. They both swim all over the aquarium and I enjoy that more than them hugging an anemone. They add such color to the aquarium.

I have a pair of A. Ocellarius clowns that host a Condy Anemone (Condylactis gigantea). IMO do not encourage you clowns to host a Condy nem. There are many accounts of it working for years with no issue but there are just as many sad stories of lost clowns :(. I have tried to get them to move to my RBTA that is about four inches above the Condy but so far no success. Fish can be a bit annoying and just won't do as you want them too :)

Update, I now have three RBTA's :D

Really bad picture but I'm proud of my new nem garden :love:

I used my tweezers today to feed a little piece of food I had to my new anemone. That sucker about yanked the tweezers out of my hand. He grabbed ahold and wouldn't let go. He finally did, once he had ahold of the food. It was pretty cool.

Since the subject sort of changed. Im not real fond of hosting off site. The forums tend to end up with a whole bunch of lost images after people make changes or close their accounts. Most of us are guilty of doing this. If you host here you can upload, and paste the link so it displays in the thread. As you can see it leaves a little un needed crap at the bottom but the pics will always be available.

attachment.php

Congratulations on your triplets!!!

Hey Derbird,

Have you noticed any weird bubbles on the outer rim of your anemones? I bought one from a guy that had a pretty bad case of aiptasia and the anemone has weird bubbles (clearly not tentacles) that formed around the ring of the anemone. I'm not sure what they are from so I am curious if you have any sort of similar experience.

Regardless congrats on the trio of rbta!

I was looking at my little anemone and thought I wonder what he would do if I gave him a piece of food. I fed him some with my long 24" tweezers and his tentacles grabbed a hold of the tweezers until he was sure he had the food and then released. I didn't expect that since I am new to anemones, but it was pretty cool.

Hey Derbird,

Have you noticed any weird bubbles on the outer rim of your anemones? I bought one from a guy that had a pretty bad case of aiptasia and the anemone has weird bubbles (clearly not tentacles) that formed around the ring of the anemone. I'm not sure what they are from so I am curious if you have any sort of similar experience.

Regardless congrats on the trio of rbta!

Thank you. I'm very happy with the split :D

No they all just have regular tentacles around the rims of all three RBTA's and the Condy. Is it possible it was damaged and your seeing some kind of scar tissue? It could have also been at the loosing end of a battle with a coral. I know some pack a serious punch.

Back