How about a Kent Marine Nautilus TE Turbo Eductor Protein Skimmer???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It will be a 70 gal AGA 36"w x 15"d x 30"t DT with a 29 gal home built sump. None of this is put together yet except I have the tanks and stand. I am building the sump once I get the skimmer and know how much space I need for it. I am just getting started and learning about all this stuff so I don't know what my bio load will be as I have nothing yet. I am envisioning 6-8 fish with a mix of corals but who knows. I will probably populate it according to the equipment I get put together.

Sorry finn. No offense intended but I am just not able to spend that kind of money. I am just starting out and need to keep this on a budget. Unless someone has something like that used for $100 or less I'm just going to have to get what I can. I just want to make sure that what I do buy is not complete junk.

I know exactly where you are coming from. We have all been there.
I'm unemployed right now so I have to really watch my $ and where they go related to my hobby.
What I'm saying is, a cheap skimmer will do little good and probally just waste your money.
It's one area that is important that it's not good to go too small with a budget.

I hear ya on cash. Might want to check out an SWC 160 cone skimmer though.

Its pretty cheap, and an awesome skimmer. Still $250 though, but a great price for what you get...

Its a great skimmer with a very nice sized footprint.

If you end up getting a cheap skimmer, I'd check out a few good ones that you could upgrade to so you make sure you have enough room in your sump to hold them.

I had a cheap skimmer and it just wasn't doing it, so I picked one of these 160's up. If you end up stopping by you can check it out.

Sorry finn. No offense intended but I am just not able to spend that kind of money. I am just starting out and need to keep this on a budget. Unless someone has something like that used for $100 or less I'm just going to have to get what I can. I just want to make sure that what I do buy is not complete junk.

no offense taken.:D

Back