how bad is aptasia?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

the only place (knock on wood) that i have them is in my return section,

since they cant go up stream, and the only way out is thur the return pump 2 the "tank of death" (for aptaisa) they havent moved

I wouldn't mind it at all if they were in my fuge because they are a great nutrient exporter but they sting my corals and thats what gets me PO.

you don't really need a needle, the syringe will be fine. Once you load the syringe and hold it over the aiptaisa it should ooze out of the syringe and the aiptasia will take it in and that'll be the end of it.

Needle is needed when using the lemon juice

You can get the lemon juice at the grocery store, though I didnt have much success with it. I would suggest the joes juice which you can get online or at your LFS. That or go with the boiling water.

i think i am starveing my aptasi out,

theres 2 little new ones and the older larger one has fade'd in color...

Berghia Nudibrachs, IF you can find them aptasia is their staple food. After they eat all the aptasia you either have to move them in a holding tank with rock that has aptasia or loan/rent them out. Otherwise they will starve to death. I'm on a waiting list now for some. I've had good luck with peppermint shrimp eating small ones but don't seem to mess with the larger ones. Joe's juice hasn't really worked for me, only temperary. If it lands on an lps such as euphyllia, where ever it lands on the coral is death.

aptasia is like a little anonome.. with long tentacals that stings (like every anonome)

they are uselly brownish in color

my lfs has a pritty big ones in this one tank they have...

i see them nukeing with joes juice some times...

Back