How big would your aquarium be, if money wasn't a concern?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NeilsReef

I think the size of a swimming pool would be about right, viewed by a few rooms in the house. Then I could go diving whenever I wanted in my own private reef.
What about you? Thanks Neil

If money weren't an issue, I think I would prefer to have about 3 6'x2'x2' Reef tanks (1 softy, 1 sps and 1 lps) and one large 8'x'4'x4' FO predator tank

Probably 2 300Gallon tanks in an L formation, but with different water columns. One for LPS/Soft and one for SPS. Maybe a couple of smaller species tanks for some of the more interesting agressive species as well.

-Dylan

I refuse to answer that question as it may tend to incriminate me in the future

Mike

I would just buy and adopt coral reef. You can dive in it, and look at the beautiful corals right in your back yard.

- Elmo

2000g, being built as a U Shape. Have a Nice big couch in the middle of the U and let both sides of the U be viewable while the middle of the U is built into a wall for the equipment room.

I would spend $200 on a nice tent, then the rest of this mystery money on coating my current house in Epoxy reasin. Then go get the lights from Safco Feild and the Dump Wave Maker from the local water park (Wild Waves) and well, FILL HER UP!

-Erik

I think that if money and space were not issues, I'd probably have 2 tanks set up, both tied into the same system/sump for ease of maintenance.
One would be a mixed reef measuring 48x48x24 (about 240 gallons) and be three sides viewable. The other would be a monster FO/shark tank measuring 96Lx96Wx30H (about 1200 gallons). I would put all the big non reef safe angels, Tusk wrasses, eels, a horn shark or two, a wobbegong and blue spot sting ray, that I'd love to keep....
Hey if wishes were fishes, we'd all be knee deep in carp right now....
Nick

Umm. Well, it would have to be more than one or two, to have all the different sorts of creatures I'd want, and the main one(s) I'd probably need SCUBA certification for cleaning purposes. Hmm. Maybe a central fish room with tanks surrounding. Hmm. (goes off to get scratch paper and dream a while)

Heidi

My POWERBALL tank

who hasnt thought of this before? :)

My dream tank/house
you enter the front door to a end veiw of the tank. probably 6' bowfront. the tank serves as a room/house divider. go right and veiw the 18' side from the living room. go left and you view the other 18' from the den and dining rooms. the other 6" bowfront end of the tank is in the kitchen.
.....................den dining
............. _________
entrance (_________ ) kitchen
................. living room

the room above the tank on the second floor would be a fish room for lights and vent fans and surge tanks

the room below in the basement would be for filtration uglys ect

tank would be approx 2500 gallons 22' x 6' x 30"
sumps and what not would bring the total to aprox 3000

time to go buy another powerball ticket :D

Allen

Last edited:
reefhead said:
As big as I could get away with without my wife divorcing me :D

I couldn't agree more. My girlfriend already thinks my tank of 65gallons is too big:(

As far as my dreamtank...mmmm let me see.

Realistically, I'd probably aim for a tank in the range of 6ft long x 4ft wide x 2.5ft deep. In fact this is what I hope to set-up once I have my own house:)

In my ideal world, i'd stake out and claim a square kilometre of actual coral reef, probably somewhere off the Eastern coast of Africa, near kenya:)

Great thread by the way!

Back