How can I get copopods

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Damsel13

I used to have a large population of them also I think I could see mysid shrimps at lights out time. Now I don't seem to see many at all especially small ones. I don't have large scary bugs just the smallish/medium ones now.
Also, I don't know any one with a fuge and I really want to get some cheato. Does anyone have any suggestions? My bak pak skimmer supported cheato for years until the small light I had for it burnt out. If I can get some more I will replace that light as it seems that was a safe place for copopods to reproduce.

Advice welcome!

make hiding spots for the copepods with rubble rock in the corners of your tank. why do you want so many of them are you trying to feed a mandarin?

local stores sell pods in a bottle.
i was actually joking

"the living reef" in lacey
and "barrier reef" in renton both have them

Hey I would like a PM :p:lol::lol::lol:

You can also get good pods from local hobbiest that harvest cheato/calurpa. Cheaper than anything bottled.

Last edited:
Ill pass on the Pm but i can tell ya how 2 do it with out a Pm..

nO sales.!

you need to make hideing spots and provide the micro food they need to grow,

My bak pak skimmer supported cheato for years until the small light I had for it burnt out. If I can get some more I will replace that light as it seems that was a safe place for copopods to reproduce.

You use your skimmer as a refug instead of as a skimmer? You can buy hang on the back refugiums for your tank from plenty of online retailers. if not I see them on ebay all the time.

Back